MCTC

The MCTC News Blog

KSTP’s 5 Eyewitness News Covers Homelessness at MCTC

Posted on: December 3rd, 2010 by insidemctc 3 Comments

Joe Mazan of 5 Eyewitness News visited MCTC on November 23 to talk to Mary Ann Prado, director of resource and referral services, and students about the issue of homeless students at the College. It was food and clothing distribution day in the College’s gym–students came to get warm clothes for the winter and food for their Thanksgiving meals, donated by employees and other students. The event marked the last day of MCTC’s Fight to End Hunger and Homelessness activities.

Out of 1061 respondents in a recent student survey, 103 students said they were currently homeless. 163 students said they frequently could not afford a meal or groceries. View the story…

Tags:

3 Responses

1. alberta myers says:

THANK YOU FOR SEEING! TOO MANY STUDENTS ARE LIVING IN THEIR CARS, IF THEY HAVE ONE. THANK YOU.

2. alberta myers says:

3. Patrick Shannon says:

hmmm, makes you think. I wonder how I can afford college yet not have housing or food? Oh yeah, the government will pay it for me. Maybe they should feed and house me too. Yeah, and cable and a phone and …