Students looking for jobs in the healthcare industry will get a leg up thanks to the Central Corridor College Fellows (C3 Fellows) program. The C3 Fellows program connects students of Saint Paul College and Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) who live within one mile of the Central Corridor green line light rail route with entry-level healthcare employment opportunities also located within one mile of the line. The partnership includes employers like Health Partners, Regions Hospital, Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, Fairview Health Services, Healtheast Care System and more.
In addition, students who meet the C3 Fellows eligibility requirements are able to receive additional, free assistance from our partners at the Takoda Group. The Takoda Group will provide direct employment services to qualifying students. These employment services include:
- Free assessment of strengths and challenges
- Job readiness training, résumé, and interviewing workshops offered on both campuses
- One-on-one assistance to students with Takoda staff
- Customer service and additional trainings deemed important by our employer partners
- Retention services to check in on placed fellows to ensure they are successfully balancing work, school and life in general
Nursing Assistant Scholarship
C3Fellows is excited to announce the creation of a nursing assistant scholarship for students pursuing a nursing assistant certificate at Minneapolis Community and Technical College and Saint Paul College. The scholarship covers tuition, books, and the Nursing Assistant Test Out for placement on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry. After completing the course and passing the test, C3 Fellows will assist students in finding a nursing assistant job close to their home.
Please contact Director of Healthcare Partnerships Brian Mogren with any questions.Tags: central corridor, healthcare, internships, light rail