“We are a dynamic team of emerging creatives; Evolve is the conscious progression of our ideas.”
Students of this year’s MCTC graphic and web design portfolio class have singled a few peers for their exceptional design work in their culminating “Evolve” design show.
Guedda Hassan Mohamed (GRPH), Marlene Reyes (WEB), Jaisa Blegen (GRPH/WEB) were awarded this years Best of Show Peer-to-Peer Portfolio Contest by their classmates.
Five students from each award area were also given Honorable Mention awards: Casey Jacobson (GRPH/WEB), Renee Schendel (GRPH), Ian Sorlie (GRPH/WEB), Christopher Kelly (GRPH), and Jake Luck (WEB). EVOLVE student were all the winners.
Portfolio students themselves choose award recipients via written vote/peer review vote. The first place winners each are given full CC 2014 Adobe Creative Suite software package. This award is funded by Graphic and Web Design alum Manuel Castellanos Raboso and Graphic and Web Design instructor Jake Jacobson.
In the voting process, each portfolio student was given the opportunity to award three votes to their peers covering several evaluative areas:
- Overall creative presentation of the portfolio
- Overall creativity, focus, and uniqueness portfolio
- Overall continuity in presentation of portfolio
- Overall leadership and team/class participation of “EVOLVE 2015”
- Overall design principles presented in the portfolio
- Overall body of creative work
- Overall representation of the ideals of the creative design industry and their “EVOLVE” 2015 stated mission
Evolve Students are all winners.