MCTC Business Blog

"You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream" ~C.S. Lewis

Registration AND an Advising Update!

Posted on: October 30th, 2012 by Emilie Nimmo No Comments

As I’m sure that you are ALL aware by now, the Spring Registration season is upon us! The Academic Advising Team is now having a “priority registration week” that will be held the week of November 5th-November 9th.  During this week, I will ONLY have open advising- and it will be located in a computer lab- K3332.  Please check the schedule located here to view the times of my advising during this week and to see when your registration window opens!!

ALSO- I know that I am very difficult to make appointments with and connect with due to the vastly large number of students that I advise, so we made some adjustments in our Advising structure.  Up until this past Friday, I advised for all ACCT, BUSN, and BTEC programs where the total was around 1300 students– this has been stressful both for you and myself!  We restructured, and Sarah Dahl (the Advisor for Education and Child Development) is now going to take over the BTEC students as well, so I am now focused on only BUSN and ACCT and down to around 800 advisees.  We are hoping that this will allow for more ease in scheduling, and an increased turn around time for questions! If you have any concerns about this- please let me know!