MCTC Business Blog

"You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream" ~C.S. Lewis

Welcome to Fall 2013!

Posted on: September 13th, 2013 by Emilie Nimmo No Comments
English: Vineyard in Napa Valley

English: Vineyard in Napa Valley (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Hello Business and Accounting students! I haven’t posted in a LONG time, and am very thrilled to get back on track with that this school year.  Summer Semester at MCTC was extremely hectic- we implemented a new orientation program that allowed for Academy Specific orientation– meaning that I was public speaking the majority of the summer (personally challenging, but extremely rewarding!). That being said, I am feeling content today that it’s seemingly autumn outside… a symbol for transition! For those of you who are new (or those of you who don’t yet know me), I am your OFFICIAL academic advisor at MCTC.  As your academic advisor, I can help you with registration, navigating the college system, transfer planning, and being your advocate at MCTC.  I will be using this blog as a means to communicate important dates, updates, scholarship info, transfer info, and other random facts that may perhaps be useful to you as a student here.  I am ALWAYS open for feedback, so please let me know if there’s anything that you’d like to see on here! I will be doing classroom visits in the next few weeks, so hopefully you will be able to meet me in person.  The BEST way to meet with me is always in an appointment- you can schedule these by calling our front desk at 612-659-6700 OR stopping by during one of my walk-in hours (Mon, Tues 1pm-3pm… Wed, Thurs 10am-noon, and Thurs evening 4pm-6pm).  My office is located in the Counseling and Advising Suite- T-2500.  Have an awesome semester, and I am so looking forward to helping you with your educational journey!

“Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it.  Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality.  It can be no other way.  This is not philosophy… this is physics.” ~ Albert Einstein