MCTC Business Blog

"You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream" ~C.S. Lewis

You made it!

Posted on: December 23rd, 2013 by Emilie Nimmo No Comments
Frosty Footpath - winter snow

Frosty Footpath – winter snow (Photo credit: blmiers2)

It’s officially the end of Fall Semester! You all made it through- congratulations! I hope you each enjoy a relaxing, rejuvinating break before Spring Semester begins on January 13th! A few things to know today…

1. I will be available during break! I am not taking any vacation (SAD!), however I am happy to be here to help you all get prepared for Spring. My walk-in hours (as usual), are Monday and Tuesday 1pm-3pm, Wednesday and Thursday 10am-noon, and Thurs evening 4pm-6pm. The BEST way to meet with me is always to schedule an appointment, and you can do this by calling the front desk of Counseling/Advising at 612-659-6700

2. If you haven’t registered yet- there’s still time! Classes are filling up quickly though- so try to move quickly! You do have the ability to register through the first week of school (drop/add period), which is until Friday, January 17th. Classes do start on Monday, January 13th!!!

3. IF you didn’t do as well as you’d hoped this semester, and know that you will be suspended- you have until Wednesday, January 8th to submit an appeal. Make an appointment with me for more information!

4. There is a scholarship opportunity for students (ages 25 and younger) who had a parent who was injured or killed in a work related accident. Please see this website for more information on application!

That’s it for today… have a wonderful break.  Thank you for being such awesome students this semester- I feel so fortunate to work with each of you!