The City of Minneapolis, Minneapolis Public Schools, Metropolitan Council, and Greater Twin Cities United Way are partnering to host 2014 Urban Scholars. The 12-week leadership development summer internship program is seeking the best and the brightest to learn more about careers in the public sector. Urban Scholars provides:
- A full-time paid summer internship ($12.24 per hour for undergraduates and $15.75 per hour for graduates) that will provide a high quality resume building work experience.
- Direct access to agency leaders including but not limited to the Mayor, City Council, Department Heads, Superintendents, and Executive Directors.
- A team-based community project that will be presented to City Council, community stakeholders, department heads and colleagues.
- Professional development training from experts in the field.
- Mentors to provide guidance to achieve professional goals.
- Opportunities to create valuable professional networks.
This highly competitive leadership development summer internship program starts on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 and ends on Friday, August 15, 2014. Applications will be accepted until Monday, March 3, 2014. This opportunity is open to undergraduate and graduate college students regardless of academic major. Public sector experience is highly desired, but not required.
- Must be enrolled and in good standing at an accredited two- or four- year college, university, graduate program, or law school.
- Must have completed first year of post-secondary education.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to participate on a full-time basis for 12 weeks (40 hours per week)
For more information and a link to the online application, visit: www.minneapolismn.gov/urbanscholars. If you have specific questions or need additional information, please contact: email@example.com or (612) 673-2339.